Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First glimpse - Home Depot Eco Options plants

I got my first glimpse at the EcoOptions plant products at Home Depot over the weekend. I arrived at about 11am, and the display was already an obvious favorite that day.

The branded Bonnie veggie and herb plants were offered in several sizes. The fiber pots were a little squishier than I'd expected, but I think it's a little bit easier for the consumer to see that they'll break down in compost.

The display was in the greenhouse, not in the outdoor parking lot plant fantasy land our local HD puts out each spring. I bet if it was outside, this display would have been completely empty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep--they get very squishy so they will break down fast. I work where they have these and they have been popular.