Thursday, August 16, 2007

Whose Job Is It?


We talk about marketing a lot in Greenhouse Grower. It's one of the five major areas we try to cover every month.

I visited two major garden centers in the Cleveland area last weekend, and I'm sorry to say, they're not using much if any of your point of purchase materials. Not the signage and displays I see you all selling. For the most part, it's tags or nothing at all. Maybe a little bit of benchtape.

And advertising? As they say, fuggetaboutit. One doesn't advertise at all (that I've seen, anyway) and the other has just started getting into promoting itself. And that's great. But are they promoting you?

So what are you going to do about it? Are tags our saving grace? You, yeah, you. I know you have something to say. Click 'Comment' under this post and tell me what you think. It can even be anonymous.

No comments: